Sunday, October 6, 2013

It's time for.....Operation Healthy Mom!

There comes a time in life where all of a sudden things hit you like a ton of bricks.  Whether this is making a change of a relationship, job or everyday activities, it just happens.  Usually you wake up one day and decide "today's the day".  Well, this was me today.  I can't exactly say I woke up with this overwhelming feeling of needing to make a change.  This feeling came over me after devouring a homemade breakfast made for a caveman.  Bacon, eggs, a bagel with cream cheese and a HUGE helping of hashbrown casserole (I won't even begin to tell you what's inside this dish).  Ok, ok....I had a second serving of casserole after the first (well, I'm being honest).  After finishing my plate, yep every bite, I plopped my body on the couch completely full & couldn't move for AT LEAST 10 minutes.  It was those 10 minutes where it hit me......I need to make a change.....NOW!! To-day.  Not tomorrow, not next week but right now.  This very second everything will change.  I no longer want to look in the mirror in disgust, throw on my oversized t-shirt and my maternity pants (ahhhh, yes I'm still wearing my maternity pants) and wonder which roll is going to show through my clothes today.  I no longer want to wonder what my husband thinks of me, although I know he loves me no matter what.  I no longer want to be unhealthy.  Everything is going to change.  It's time for....da da da...."Operation Healthy Mom".

Breakfast of Champions

I know I just had a baby 5, almost 6, months ago & I shouldn't be so hard on myself.  "It took you 9-10 months to gain the weight, it should take you that long to lose it".  I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've heard this.  Well, I don't have 9-10 months to wait in the hopes that this weight will "magically" fall off.  Getting healthy, for me, needs to start today.  Becoming a mom changes your way of thinking.  I NEED to be healthy for baby T, there's just no other options.  He needs me around for a long time and I need to do my part to ensure this happens.

So my journey begins now.  Healthy eating, exercise and dedication are my new life musts along with being a loving wife and mommy.  Keep in mind, I am human and I know there will be some slip ups from time to time (hello holidays, is that you knocking on the door) but this will be a lifestyle change.  I'm not looking for a number on the scale.  I've done that before always to be let down when I didn't hit a certain number by a certain date.  I'm looking to get out of that category of "obese" that I'm currently sitting in.  Would you have even guessed?  Yep, I'm considered obese....oh man.

So, please follow me along this journey of Operation Healthy Mom as I post before and after pictures, recipes of how I'm keeping my body healthy & what I'm doing for workouts (including the 1 mile family walk I took today - thank you hubby and baby T).  I know it will be a difficult journey but with dedication, motivation and support, I KNOW I can do this!!

4 comments:

  1. Your beautiful... I know how you feel, we just need to live closer and be Jane fonda buddies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks! We DO need to live closer. Move here :)

    ReplyDelete